Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

Cromi posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 5:15pm

Bravo! You said the sequel's not coming for a while? You, sir, are cruel.

Furthermore, thanks for writing. This story is refreshingly original and very well-written and it's been a pleasure.

JBern replied:

Thanks for the compliments.

E5150 posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 5:07pm

Excellent ending to an excellent story. I especially loved the last scene. (Harry leaving Daphne exposed had me laughing out loud.) Great job! Looking forward to the sequel, whenever it may come.

JBern replied:

I'm happy you liked the epilogue.   More stories coming soon.

noylj posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 5:05pm

Why let any murdering DEs live? Find 'em, kill 'em, bury 'em, repeat.
Once you've had a Veela (or a meramorph), there's not going back.

JBern replied:

We'll see what happens in the sequel.   Thanks for this and all your other reviews.   Next up, Inner Eye chapter 2.

Orion posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 4:57pm

Very Nice.

This has been my favorite of your stories. It's sad that it has to end, but even the best stories do in fact have to end, and you ended this rather well.

Thanks for writing this.

JBern replied:

Thank you.   I'm going to take my time with the sequel and make certain it's not going to take away from this.

Vukk posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 4:51pm

Nice story so far, can't (well, I can but I wish it was up now) wait for the sequel (like I have a choice).

Only question is which one actually killed Albus, Lucius, Severus, or Igor?

JBern replied:

Igor did.   Thanks for the review.

Robert Owen posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 4:35pm

Excellent! Bring on the war!

Robert

JBern replied:

Thank you for the review.

Darryn posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 4:20pm

This was awesome thanks.

JBern replied:

Thank you for the review.

Shepherd posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 4:16pm

Nice ending. I like how Harry's greater aggression has apparently sped up the timeline for the war. The chapter also raises some interesting questions:

What did Voldemort see in Harry's mind during their duel?

If you're using the Deathly Hallows, doesn't that mean that Harry is now the rightful master of the elder wand (and after a much more impressive fight than the canon 'fight' against Draco)?

If you're using the Horcrux plot, would letting death eater families hide in the same building as Slytherin's locket cause an eventual cliffhanger problem?

I'll be waiting to find out in the sequel.

JBern replied:

That's something I need to sit down and think about.   Am I really going to want to use the Horcruxes and elder wand here.   We'll see, but thanks for the insight.

Ivan Cantaros posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 4:10pm

that was fast update there, really like this chapter.. its the start of the real war.. :)
more power!

JBern replied:

Thanks.   I'll do my best to make sure the sequel lives up to this.

M2J MandalorianJedi posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 3:54pm

Finally, a completely likeable Dumbledore from you and you kill him off in a pretty bad way. Sure the Dumbles from "To Fight The Coming Darkness" wasn't too bad, but he most certainly couldn't have stacked up to the idealism of this Dumbledore. Of course your other Dumbledores were seemingly less naive and maybe they wouldn't have fallen as easily as this one had...

Also, in the event that you haven't realized it yet, going by Deathly Hallows, Harry is the current master of the Elder Wand, having defeated the man who brought down Albus Dumbledore- just a thought for later...

It's obvious we'll be seeing more of Fleur, and most likely Aimee, but what about the others- Cedric, Athena and Viktor?

JBern replied:

I really liked the Dumbledore from this one as well.   He was the kind hearted old man.

But, he had to go!   Yeah, I have to sit down and really decide if I'm going to use the Elder Wand and the Horcruxes.   That's a decision for another day.

The other champions will probalby turn up in various capacities in the sequel.

lilchuckie posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 3:40pm

golf clap

looking fwd. to the sequel

JBern replied:

Thank you.

Jon posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 3:37pm

what an amazing turn of events!
Although, I wonder if the Hallows and Horcruxes will come into play here, but no one is aware of them in Lie, are there?

Thanks for the amazing journey, and don't take too long with the rest stop! =D

JBern replied:

No one is really aware of them and I have yet to decide if I'm going that route.   Thanks for the review.

vandallas posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 3:27pm

jbern, im buying 4 dead eye books off amazon, just because you possess so much god damn win.

JBern replied:

Thanks!   I'll take all the help I can get.   I'm glad you liked the story.   Once you read Dead Eye, drop back by Amazon and leave a review.

Clell65619 posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 3:19pm

- Ok, wow.

- That was amazing, simply amazing. Your fight scenes are the best in fan fiction.

- So Riddle used Dumbledore's blood in his resurrection? Does this mean that he's still vulnerable to Harry's blood... So many possibilities.

- Loved the epilogue, loved the hat, hell loved the story. Waiting for the sequel...

JBern replied:

Glad I could squeeze it in before your b-day was over.   Hope that was a nice way to end it.~Jim

zac posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 3:17pm

Holy crap the epilogue gave me chills. Wonderful (creepy).

JBern replied:

That's what I was aiming for.   I'm glad you liked.

dwilken posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 3:07pm

Whew! Quite a few unexpected twists. Didn't expect you to kill off Dumbledore like that and then use him for the "blood of the enemy" stuff. Brutal.

I was rather surprised that Voldemort didn't find out Harry is actually HJ. Your story of course. Good spot to end it, too.

I'm glad you didn't off the Hat. And even though it was such a short section, I really liked the interaction with Aberforth.

~Doug

JBern replied:

Well, LV did see something in HJ's mind during the battle, so you never know.   Abe is an intriguing character.   I'll have to use him a bit in the sequel.

anonymous5 posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 2:54pm

"...The words below in my ear..."

below? bellow?

JBern replied:

oops thanks for the catch.

zxcvb posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 12:37pm

I just wanted to leave a small comment--this is probably the first time I've seen a unreliable narrator used in a piece of fanfiction. I find it rather interesting... Like, in this chapter, for example, we are shown how easily Harry justifies his actions, even though he is far from a saint, and, honestly, a lot of the stuff that has happened to him so far, he really had it coming. Anyway, I just wanted to comment on that, and good work!

(p.s.: This story does have a few too many exclamation points, I think!)

JBern replied:

Yeah, I used too many early on.   Thanks for the comments and the compliments.   I hope you enjoy the rest of the story.

warpwizard posted a comment on Wednesday 27th May 2009 6:33pm

Good stuff. Looking forward to the conclusion.

JBern replied:

Thanks.

vandallas posted a comment on Tuesday 26th May 2009 3:20pm

Great chapt. sets the tone of HJ very well.

I disliked the over use of exclamation marks, but to each his own.

Is there such a thing as Oedipus Simplex? I thought it was a complex.

One thing I can't stand about people writing Voldemort fight scenes is when they make him use regular spells that your average brawler would use. He is supposed to be the embodyment of evil and the second most powerful wizard on the planet. He should be using curses and conjurations that have names that aren't even spoken of anymore because of how dark and complex they are.

Love the Hat, great foil for HJ, but I like how he gives as good as he gets. Interesting dynamic.

JBern replied:

Yeah, I was using too many exclamation marks early on in the story.   Simplex is just something HJ made up.

I agree with your assessment of the Dark Lord.   Then again in the real books he only seemed to use the 3 unforgiveables and that curse that made HJ bow to him before the duel.