Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

DvorakQ posted a comment on Wednesday 11th June 2008 12:00pm

Jbern. Much as I love your writing and all, these cliffies are really really damnably... cliffy! Very well done, I came in to the chapter expecting a twist, but this exceeded my expectations.

Very interested in the repercussions of Hagrid's actions. Was he coerced, was he misled? I am really looking forward to getting an entire book worth of your writing. This addiction needs a bigger fix :/

JBern replied:

I'm looking forward to getting that book to you.   There were some accusing me of having a cliffhanger at the end of 12.   I was like, "That's no cliffhanger.   This is a cliffhanger!"

Chapter 14 coming soon.~Jim

Jon posted a comment on Wednesday 11th June 2008 11:54am

the funny thing is that I thought the Goblet of fire is a ministry aritifact and not Hogwarts, so it can't possibly ever talk to the Hat unless in the past tournaments...
Still, good chapter!

JBern replied:

Yes, I was referring to the goblet trying to communicate with the Hat in previous tournaments.

I'm not actually sure who has the custody of the Goblet.   I would assume that it was with the last school or ministry to host the tournament.

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Wednesday 11th June 2008 11:49am

Dang, that was a heck of a cliffie there. Well, it was great to see Draco get somethng back on him for all the times he seemed to be able to open his mouth and spew his vilenss, only to be able to walk away wioth little to no consequence. Harry gets to spend some qualit time, go HJ! I do like how he and Sirius are able to play off each other here as well. Cna't wait to see how you resolve the cliffie, and got to say, that was a heck of a unique task to say the least. Felt a little bad for Hermione there, as she does try really hard, but she's such a stick in the mud at times, maybe HJ might be able to get her to loosen up a bit. Also nice to see a Ron who has managed to grow more brain cells than the twins currently carry around with them.

JBern replied:

Glad you liked it.   Chapter 14 by the end of the month.   It was nice giving Draco at least a minor punishment and for once Ron not being the really jealous one.

More coming soon.~Jim

joeBob posted a comment on Wednesday 11th June 2008 11:17am

Excellent chapter despite the damn cliffy.

I really like this story but HJ deserves to loose. He's still letting everybody, and their dogs, get the jump on him! (Literally, with "Hagrid's" last leap.)

Malfoy should be dead (all three of them). Snape should be dead. The twins should be sealed in a vault until the tournament is through.

Enough shenanigans have occurred that HJ should be able to put serious pressure towards better security.

Now you'll probably save Harry by some Veela powers, or by him wandlessly summoning a wand, a wandless patronus, or (if any COMPETENT adults existed) having them come to aid. Or Harry could transform and act as a living patronus to protect Fleur.

BUT, you get more bonus points if HJ was actually smart and fast like Jackie Chan. He can certainly relatch the cages before all of the dementors realize they are free, turn around (the doors would be opposite of the victims they are trying to get to), and get out. From both the books and the movies, we see that dementors are not very fast.

Fast action and a few kicks could slow and perhaps recage the one or two beasties that might get out.

JBern replied:

He might be able to seal one, but not all six.   With most of them pressed up against the cage doors, they're likely to swing open the moment they're unlatched.  

Everyone seems a bit put off by this cliffhanger.   I'll have to have a better one for next chapter.   :-)

I think you'll give me bonus points for my solution anyway.~Jim

Prongs1977 posted a comment on Wednesday 11th June 2008 11:16am

Ooh, you are just evil, you know that right? Great chapter, can't wait for more. Maybe I'll start Turn me loose now.....

JBern replied:

I'm not evil, just terribly misunderstood.   Thanks for enjoying.~Jim

Mrs.TiffanyPotter posted a comment on Wednesday 11th June 2008 11:14am

Wow. looks like HJ is becomming something of a man-whore. Here's hoping it's just a phase.

I'm really hoping Hagrid is under some kind of spell or is a death eater.

Another good chapter. keep up the good work

JBern replied:

All teenaged boys have a bit of that in them.   He just has a clue how to go about it.   Thanks for the review.~Jim

Jack-A-Roe posted a comment on Wednesday 11th June 2008 11:05am

Well the dementors were an intersting choice for a challenge. I wonder how Hagrid was affected. He is usually resistant to most forms of magic. A potion perhaps?

HJ & the hat ripping on Malfoy is always a good time.

I was wondering when HJ was going to sleep with another student. That many hot little bodies would have been impossible for him to ignore.

I did feel bad that Hermione choked. I'm sure it builds character.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Glad you liked it.   More on the way!  

Jim

Greg Johnson posted a comment on Wednesday 11th June 2008 10:53am

Great chapter, but an evil ending. I can't wait for the next one. Keep up the good work.

JBern replied:

Don't worry I'll have a better cliffhanger for next chapter!   :-)

Thanks for reviewing.   More coming soon.~Jim

Fate posted a comment on Wednesday 11th June 2008 10:47am

OMG....
Evil, Evil Cliff Hanger!!!

Will Harry Transform?
Create a wandless Patronus charm?

Looking forward to the next chapter!!

JBern replied:

I think you'll like the outcome I have in mind.   More coming soon.~Jim

jeffstrauser@yahoo.com posted a comment on Wednesday 11th June 2008 10:45am

Outstanding chapter!!!! Will HJ be able to preform a wandless Patronus charm???? Will we be seeing more of HJ's conquests???? Do keep up the outstanding work and update soon please!!!!:):):):)

JBern replied:

Next chapter by the end of the month.~Jim

Ezra'eil posted a comment on Wednesday 11th June 2008 10:42am

Oh!!! Cliff hanger! You teme! I will get revenge!

JBern replied:

I laugh at your plans for revenge.   It will only make me create greater cliffhangers!

Thanks for the review.   I must go now.   My fit of evil laughter is about to start.

jakjakattk posted a comment on Wednesday 11th June 2008 10:21am

OK could have used a bit more excitement. but good none the less. Keep up the hard work I know what it is like to be writing two stories at the same time. It always feels like you are spending more time with the one you really want to be writing

JBern replied:

Thanks for reviewing.   Chapter 14 before the end of the month.~Jim

Kaerion posted a comment on Wednesday 11th June 2008 10:16am

Oh, that is just pure evil! If I was delusional enough to think I actually had any kind of power over you, I'd order you right back to your computer, and to stay there until the next chapter of Lie was completed and posted! :P

This was an excellent chapter, though! Malfoy finally getting punished for his bullshit was absolutely priceless, and I loved the little mind games from HJ and the Hat. I can't wait to see Snape get his, as well, but knowing just how mean the HJ&Hat team can be, I don't mind waiting. I have a feeling whatever they end up doing to him will be more than worth the wait!

It's good to see that HJ managed to land the Head Girl too! Even with the absence of any clues pointing in that direction, I have a feeling that he needed to take the edge off as much as she did, plus, it'll give the Hat ammo for more mocking for weeks yet! :) I strongly approve of his plans for the last two years at Hogwarts as well!

This last task though...wow! Whoever thought it up (in the story) is clearly just as insane as you are, and again: I strongly approve! As for Hagrid's actions, I can't wait to see how HJ will get himself (and Fleur? I think she was the only other one inside the shield?) out of that, and whether or not whoever Imperiused Hagrid will get away with it. Okay, so I'm not 100% sure that it wasn't his own idea, but based on his canon personality, how much he cares about Harry, the fact that the items he had were fairly rare and hard to get (based on HJ's comment), and that he trapped himself inside the barrier as well, I'm fairly sure that he's being set up and used by someone else. And personally, I have to admit that ol' Lucy and/or Narcissa Malfoy are at the top of my suspect list.

Anyway, the fact that your little cliffhanger had me wanting to reach through my monitor, pull you through, punch you in the mouth a couple of times, and demand that you tell me how that situation ends, is surely a sign that you succeeded with your attempt to have us on pins and needles until the next chapter, so well done! :)

JBern replied:

Snape and the badges in the next chapter along with a much better cliffhanger!   You would think the Malfoys would be at the top of the suspect list, but when have I ever done the obvious?  

Time to go.   Another fit of evil laughter is upon me....

Jim

Alex00 posted a comment on Wednesday 11th June 2008 10:11am

Awesome stuff.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Glad you liked it.~Jim

Jearom posted a comment on Wednesday 11th June 2008 9:47am

Oh damn! Curse you Jbern and your cliffhangers!

JBern replied:

People don't seem to like this cliffhanger.   I'll have to have an improved and even better cliffhanger for next chapter.   :-)

dogbertcarroll posted a comment on Wednesday 11th June 2008 9:20am

-"It’s never spoken. It shot an occasional wad of parchment at me over
-the years, but I don’t really have the hands to read them now do I?"

*snicker*

I can just see Harry striking up a conversation with the goblet by writing
notes. I wonder of he could transfigure a mouth for it. It'd probably be
an entertaining way to drive DD insane.


-I’m not ashamed to admit it — that elf frightens me sometimes. It makes
-me really glad that I’m his employer.

ROTFLMAO!


-As always, I’m in awe of Godric’s finest creation.

Truer words were never spoken. All Hail the hat!


-"Freedom for Giants everywhere! Let my people go!"

I wonder who dosed him with potion or spelled him?
I'm betting Cissy!

Great chapter.

How high can Fleur turn up the flames and will that make
things harder or easier on Harry?

JBern replied:

The Malfoys do seem like the obvious choice, but when have I done the obvious?

Thanks for the review.   More coming soon.~Jim

LoggingInSucksAss posted a comment on Wednesday 11th June 2008 9:08am

Waa?

That is all.

:-P

JBern replied:

Thanks.

I think.

Jim

DrT posted a comment on Wednesday 11th June 2008 8:50am

Wonder what a dementor will think of someone with two souls? A feast? Something frighening? Guess we'll find out soon

JBern replied:

Thanks as always for the review.   I'm trying to keep up with my replies this time instead of falling so far behind.   Hope I continue to impress.

Regards,

Jim

dave g posted a comment on Wednesday 11th June 2008 8:48am

woah.

JBern replied:

The best one word review I've ever gotten.   Thanks.~Jim

ridgeback77 posted a comment on Wednesday 11th June 2008 8:44am

GAHHHHH!

Great chapter. Excellent place for a cliffhanger.

JBern replied:

See it's nice to see people who can appreciate a well placed cliffhanger without resorting to calling me names.~Jim