Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

verdant posted a comment on Saturday 26th January 2008 6:56pm

Another winner!

HJ is getting pretty devious these days, huh? I hope Fleur softens toward him soon, and that HJ doesn't screw up his chances with her. Hah, I won't hold my breath though!

Can't wait for the next installment!

JBern replied:

Where's the fun for the readers if HJ doesn't screw things up a bit?

Jim

Jason9 posted a comment on Saturday 26th January 2008 5:55pm

Another great chapter, love the Hat's personality and that all the characters in this story have a real depth, even if they are only seen in a minor roll. This complexity it one of the things that makes all of your stories such wonderful reads. Personally, a little more clarification or description would be nice as far as the broom race scene is considered, or maybe I just don't grasp the concept well. All in all, seeing your stories updated is often the highlight of my fanfic week, and I can't wait for the next installment of Turn Me Loose.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   TML 5 is in progress.   Look for it in 1-2 weeks.~Jim

Killedbykarma posted a comment on Saturday 26th January 2008 5:25pm

Fun. Fire. Can't WAIT to see the staff fights and HJ's visits to Fleur. XD

JBern replied:

Glad you liked it.~Jim

Prince Charon posted a comment on Saturday 26th January 2008 12:56pm

Very interesting, much moreso than the book.

Thank you for updating.

More soon, please.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   3-4 weeks for the next installent of this one.~Jim

BCM posted a comment on Saturday 26th January 2008 9:46am

That broom race was on par with your fight scenes. In other words, it was a hell of a lot more fun to read than most fight scenes I've read. I could actually see the race as it happened. Your fight scenes are superior to those of any fanfic author I can think of, and easily on par with my favorite published authors.

The whole Peeping Harry thing was quite amusing, especially since he's planning an encore. Fleur's reaction if/when she finds out should be even more better. I'm looking forward to a bloody screaming row. Literally. I'm betting the two of them will exchange quite a few creative curses, both magical and not. :)

JBern replied:

Glad you liked the broom race.   Hopefully when my first novel comes out you can say that it rivals other published authors.

He's not planning on and encore!   She invited him back!   That's his story and he's sticking to it!~Jim

Mark Blaine posted a comment on Saturday 26th January 2008 8:59am

Good work. So, Fleur's concept of fair play pretty much matches Krum's.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Next chapter in 3-4 weeks.~Jim

DobbyElfLord posted a comment on Saturday 26th January 2008 7:46am

I just finished the second week of a three week audit, so it was awesome to find the new chapter posted. An excellent chapter all around.

The similiarity between Harry and Fleur was interesting. We, the readers, know Harry and why he sometimes acts the way he does. But to an outsider, I wonder if he would be that much different from Fleur. The insights from the grotto and Aimee's comments were very well done!

Rick

JBern replied:

Hope the final week of your audit goes well.   You make a valid point about HJ and Fleur being similar.   Glad my work continues to impress you.~Jim

jeffstrauser@yahoo.com posted a comment on Saturday 26th January 2008 6:27am

Outstanding chapter!!!! I like the Dueling and I can't wait to see what Harry does!! The Knife thing sounds very interesting, I hope Harry wins!! I loved the broom race especially what happened to Harry which sounds exactly like something Krum would do! Any chance for Harry to take Hermione to the Yule ball? Do keep up keep the outstanding work and update soon please!!!!:):):):)

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Glad you enjoyed the chapter so much.   HJ's date isn't set in stone yet.   Right now only the majority of girls in Gryffindor except Hermione have been eliminated.~Jim

Muggleborn Prince posted a comment on Saturday 26th January 2008 5:10am

P.S. It would be awesome if you play Krun and the twins against each other with some big prank. And then HJ throws in pranks and makes it look like the other did it..

JBern replied:

I think HJ will be unleashing havoc on the Durmstrang students and the Slytherins shortly.   If a couple of red headed twins get caught in the crossfire, so be it.~Jim

Muggleborn Prince posted a comment on Saturday 26th January 2008 5:08am

Great chapter as usual, glad for the update. Keep writing awesomely.


-Ronny.

JBern replied:

Thanks.~Jim

Meghan posted a comment on Saturday 26th January 2008 4:50am

:D You know how much I love this story. Brief interlude where I wax poetic... haha... now back to the regularly scheduled begging... MORE PLEASE! :D

JBern replied:

Does it hurt when you wax poetic and then have to pull the wax off?

Manatheron posted a comment on Saturday 26th January 2008 4:25am

Excellent work my friend! A rather stunning chapter if I do say so myself,

I have to wonder though, if they have access to a penseive, even if Dumbledore doesn't want to show everyone his, why not review harry and Krum's memories of the race? Krum would no doubt decline, but harry would probably be willing to show it (or at least bluff to piss Krum off)

JBern replied:

Pensieve memories can be altered and technically whatever Krum did to him likely wasn't a foul by the rules governing the race.   He just didn't want to do it to ruin his "rep," if you will.~Jim

Disobedience posted a comment on Saturday 26th January 2008 3:08am

A nice start to a more interesting TriWizard Tournament. I was hoping for a bit of light hearted pranking against the Weasleys, but perhaps you'll get them and Krum at the same time in a future chapter. I hope you have a nice bit of vengeance sketched out for the bastard!Krum you've chosen to write. Broken bones a must, I think.

The dueling competition sounds like it's rigged. Interesting to see what Harry can do.

The Puzzle Room sounds like a fine place for quite a bit of cheating by the contestants. Hopefully HJ can manage to prove some cheating by Snape/Karkaroff and their Death Eaters Lite.

Thanks again!

JBern replied:

HJ delivered his warning to the twins last chapter.   The dueling should prove interesting if I can bring what I have in mind to the keyboard.

Jim

atlantis-rob posted a comment on Saturday 26th January 2008 1:44am

Sweet! Awesome chapter, great job on the bit with fleur and the whole race was exciting. The hat rocked as usual, and the bit here in announcements was cool. Harry, should really cook up something good for this like an atomic bomb spell hehehe. A little fission is good for handling soooo much.

CHEERS!!!!

JBern replied:

Well, I think Atom bombs would be just a bit out of his league, but I've got some other things in mind.~Jim

JaCee2u posted a comment on Saturday 26th January 2008 1:28am

Excellent broom race, although I would have liked to see someone (anyone, really) get smashed into the quidditch stands and tag the judges. ("Oops. So sorry Professors, you should really be a bit more careful with where you sit...")

I really like the thought that Karkaroff has opened the field by saying that if it's not in the Championship's rules, it's fair. There's so many possibilities at that point.

On other matters, congrats on getting Bungle & TML translated, both are excellent tales, and extremely well written. I'm looking forward to the next chapter of TML, but understand that you have other things that have to be done in real life.

JBern replied:

It's not just what's not in the rules, but what else might be in the rules...more on that later...

TML 5 is in progress.~Jim

Ltank687 posted a comment on Friday 25th January 2008 10:59pm

AWESOME! love it! update! ;)

JBern replied:

Thanks~Jim

The Crow posted a comment on Friday 25th January 2008 10:37pm

I'm definately loving the action, and the race got the blood pumping.
Duels etc whoah.

I was hoping Harry would wipe the floor with them but thats just because I'm looking through his eyes - your way is better, as long as someone gives him some credit. He clearly demonstrating phenomonal talents.

Still there do seem to be a few challenges out there - the staves for instance, if it is physical.
Is Harry still up for a growth spurt? Will he use the six weeks and hire a personal trainer? lol

Competition sounds intense. It's a fun read and nice to be out of the angst for a little while.

JBern replied:

Where's the fun if HJ just steamrolls the competition?   That wouldn't be as interesting as what I have in mind.   Remember these aren't just 5 random 17-18 yr olds.   They are 5 of the best from the top schools in Europe.~Jim

Mesterio posted a comment on Friday 25th January 2008 9:15pm

Great chapter all around, the one part that bothered me though...you pulled that Beowulf crap out because the movie just released didn't you? BAAAAAAAD.

Aside from that great chapter, loved your depiction of the race and great imagination for the next challenge...could have thought of a different objective at the end though.

JBern replied:

Actually, I haven't seen the movie, but was looking for a European tale that would have the appeal of Merlin to the Durmstrang folks.   In Bungle in the Jungle, I had Luna mention that the Quibbler ran several stories indicating that Merlin was Wiglaf.   Glad you enjoyed it.~Jim

Stygius posted a comment on Friday 25th January 2008 9:02pm

great... and i find my self strangely happy that HJ did not win the first task... this way he can win the big prize (at it were).... looking forward to the duel, especially with Athena, she looks to be an interesting character... as well as both Aimee and Fleur...

looking forward to what HJ comes up for the task ahead, what will he make... etc.. will he enlist the help of the weasleys twins?...

JBern replied:

It wouldn't be that fun if HJ just ran over the competition.   Odds are even if HJ could have help on the Puzzle room he wouldn't ask the twins.~Jim

Jon posted a comment on Friday 25th January 2008 8:24pm

Oh, and is there any chance of HJ covertly using his wandless magic? I'll love to see him punch Krum with a wandless banisher in the gut, either in the duel or staff fight! =D
Hope to hear some mention of Ron soon..

JBern replied:

There will be a magical component to the staff fight.   I haven't finalized my thoughts at this time, but a staff will essentially be a large crude ineffective wand.   Many have made the comparison of pistols versus rifles for the wand and staff.   I'll probably go the route of pistol versus musket in this instance where staves were used until wands became affordable to the masses.~Jim