Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

delta16669 posted a comment on Wednesday 28th November 2007 11:21am

KILL THE BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait for everyone to look like an asshole.

Is Cedric going to survive this time? It seems that with Harry's new skills and attitude it would either culminate in both of them getting the cup and surviving or Harry getting the cup beforehand. Or you do something totally different.

I like it.

But I cant wait for the humiliation.

JBern replied:

Tell me how you really feel.   :-)

Cedric has a better chance of living than he did in canon...

Jim

JVTazz posted a comment on Wednesday 28th November 2007 10:54am

excellent chapter :)

JBern replied:

Thanks!~Jim

Joel posted a comment on Wednesday 28th November 2007 10:51am

I adore this. I'm desparate to see Harry/JP bust out the no-holds-barred whoop-ass on someone, and the wait is agonizing!

JBern replied:

You won't have to wait long.~Jim

Black Dragon Knight posted a comment on Wednesday 28th November 2007 10:34am

Parts of this were hilarious.

I really like your version of Harry in this. I think your doing a nice job keeping the Harry we know from the books and mixing in some other stuff (the James side) in to his character. Plus, I like how he reacts and simply doesn't take the shit like he does often in the books.

On top of all that, I hope to see more interaction between the Champions, and in specific, him and "Tinkerbell".

JBern replied:

It won't exactly be a Disney moment, but there will be some Tinkerbell interaction coming up shortly.~Jim

anonymous5 posted a comment on Wednesday 28th November 2007 10:15am

This story has indeed sucked me back into the storyline. aaargh, but it's good to read your writing again. Thanks for the update!

JBern replied:

Glad you liked it.~Jim

Jizzle posted a comment on Wednesday 28th November 2007 10:14am

What a great chapter. I have to say, recently, only updates from you and nonjon have really made me excited about reading a new chapter of a HP fanfic.

I have to say that you write possibly the most badass Harrys ever. Seriously, HP is cool, powerful, fun to read and believable as opposed to gary stuified in all three of your stories, yet all three HP's are unique. I don't know how you manage that, but then again, I don't know how you handle using different POV's and tenses in all your fics either. I guess you're just that good.

I'm sort of sad that you made the "Virginia" a mistake on Rita's part, even if it does make sense. I sort of hoped you were sticking it to the retarded mary sueish name Ginevra.

I'm enjoying how this fic differs from cannon in rather believable ways. The modifications to the tournament procedure and all that are pretty logical, and I like that.

I also really liked the Harry/Fleur interaction. It's sort of tough at this point to believe that it's going to be a Harry/Fleur fic, but then again, Fleur could use a man who could handle her. And oh how did Harry handle her this chapter.

Sorry for the long rambling review, but I really did enjoy the chapter. Thanks for the update and happy writing.

JBern replied:

Thank you for the long review.   On such a small point like Ginny's name, why invite the extra conflict, though most Ginny fans avoid my work like the plague.   I'm not very nice to her.

More coming soon.   I'm doing TML next, but expect another chapter of this before Jolly Old St. Nick makes his rounds.~Jim

Decumo9 posted a comment on Wednesday 28th November 2007 10:09am

great chapter, I really love this new Harry, or sort of different than canon Harry, I can't wait til next chapter.

JBern replied:

I try to bring a slightly different version of Harry in each story.~Jim

dwilken posted a comment on Wednesday 28th November 2007 9:43am

OK, I re-read the previous chapters of this story last weekend. Had no idea where you were heading with this except for the upcoming verbal sparring with Fleur Delacour.

I think I just ruptured my spleen from laughing so damn hard. I can't give you a coherent reaason why I found this so hilarious, but then I did like Sam Kinnison back in grad school.

Doug Wilken

JBern replied:

I still remember his skit on World Hunger and his appearance on In Living Color.   He was a genius.~Jim

PS - I hope your spleen gets better.

Renzo7 posted a comment on Wednesday 28th November 2007 9:30am

Nice work, very fun to read, nice twist with the 6 champions and the press. Hopefully Harry's going to get some friends back...

JBern replied:

Thanks.   JKR mostly used the TWT as a vehicle to get Harry into the right spot for Voldy's resurrection.   On it's own the TWT looks pretty lame.   I wanted something that would be more interesting.   Hope what I have in store impresses you.~Jim

Cassandra posted a comment on Wednesday 28th November 2007 9:30am

I love this story, I have never seen anything like this before. Its absolutely original! Keep them coming!

JBern replied:

Thanks.   More coming soon.~Jim

Edem posted a comment on Wednesday 28th November 2007 9:14am

Nice one. I've waited for some time for this and the wait was well worth it. Wonder how you'll manage the fleur/harry romance now that she sees him as a rude, arrogant litle boy it'll definatly be intresting.

Nice take on why Sirius didn't get expelled from Hogwarts. I can see Snape developing a sweat standing over a cauldron excited for some good time as Sirius, not a pleasant image.

Also looking forward to a Maurauder "reunion" if you will. Sirius and James will get on nicely, Remus is screwed, sleeping with HJP's mother/wife (I feel slightly disgusted writing that) and Peter, well he's prolly going to die.

keep up the good work

JBern replied:

Sirius will appear in chapter 9.   Glad you are enjoying the story.~Jim

Memory King posted a comment on Wednesday 28th November 2007 9:12am

An excellent chapter as always, and the articles where great too. I liked the fact that HJ is getting suspiciousof Crouch Jr, and I hope he will manage to expose him somehow.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading more from you. Well done!

JBern replied:

Thanks.   More coming soon.~Jim

prizmatic_dragon posted a comment on Wednesday 28th November 2007 8:56am

Really solid chapter, as usual. Definitely pulling us back in!

Among many reasons to avidly await, I'm hoping we'll get to look over Harry's shoulder in the future, when Harry next runs into Arthur, and to a lesser extent Bill.

JBern replied:

Well, HJ has a high opinion of Arthur in this story.   I'll try to work him in somewhere.   Bill?   Not so much.~Jim

delta16669 posted a comment on Wednesday 28th November 2007 8:52am

Well I just about pissed myself laughing at the sorting hat. So I liked it. I always think that old people/things should either be nuts, nice or bastards

JBern replied:

Well don't drink beverages and read my story.   It could be hazardous to your garments or your monitor or keyboard.~Jim

Dave Harris posted a comment on Wednesday 28th November 2007 8:21am

I like it. You're doing a good job of a story that provides the reader with enough links to canon as background that we can all see what's coming, instead of veering off into the totally unknown like a lot of AUs do.

I'm looking forward to more.

JBern replied:

I'll definitely strike out in my own territory, but there will always be enough of a link back to canon.   I can't mock it if I don't.~Jim

DrT posted a comment on Wednesday 28th November 2007 8:20am

Interesting chapter. Obviously I like your idea of censure, I did something similar a long time ago and I was suprised that no one (that I've read) had done anything similar. Yours was v. effective and you turned it back on the kiddies v. well.

Is this still HJ/Fleur? What is it with James and women that don't like him???

"T"

JBern replied:

Not sure if I remember the story where you did it, but I have read all your stories, but I thought it was a good concept.   Yes still HJ/Fleur, but I'm going to take it slow.~Jim

Muad'Dib posted a comment on Wednesday 28th November 2007 7:39am

This story is rapidly on its way to becoming my favourite, very nice job there! I'm greatly looking forward to the forthcoming interactions between Harry and Fleur.

With regard to all the lies, gossip and misunderstandings that follow Harry around; I can easily see the Harry from canon keeping his mouth shut about it, your Harry however could just as well lash out and set things straight. The repercussions would make for a great read.

I HJ has a thing for Prof. Sinistra, give them some air time together. Just innocent banter mind you, but again, it would give the Hat so much ammunition, hehe!

JBern replied:

HJ and the Prof?   It's got "The Graduate" written all over it!   Probably won't happen, but we can amuse ourselves.   Next chapter coming before Xmas.~Jim

john2 posted a comment on Wednesday 28th November 2007 7:11am

As always, a pleasure.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   I definitely appreciate it coming from you.~Jim

IceBlades posted a comment on Wednesday 28th November 2007 7:00am

Great chapter, I'm curious to see if HP checks to see if Moody is himself on the map.

JBern replied:

All will be revealed soon.~Jim

CaptainG posted a comment on Wednesday 28th November 2007 6:51am

I must admit you have me completely sold on this story now. I was skeptical at first, as were many, but this is shaping up to be one of the better Fourth Year re-writes around.
WOuld like to see some of Harry ripping Gryffindor a new one some time soon - I think that idea of Censure is brilliant.

JBern replied:

I'm glad I could get past your skepticism.   Next chapter before Xmas.~Jim