Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

Heir of Gryffindor posted a comment on Wednesday 9th January 2008 2:00pm

Dear God I love this chapter. Especially the last paragraph. I just can't wait to see what you write next.

JBern replied:

Always nice to see that I can still surprise you readers and pull a rabbit out of my... Hat?

Next chapter in 2-3 weeks.~Jim

Alex Austin posted a comment on Wednesday 9th January 2008 2:00pm

This is getting more interesting every chapter. It's an absolute blast to read, and a mind twister to boot. Love it.

JBern replied:

Thank you for the compliments.~Jim

Mark Blaine posted a comment on Wednesday 9th January 2008 1:59pm

Great - I liked that Herm reminded him of Lily. Liked the interaction between Sirius and James.

JBern replied:

She also reminded him a bit of Remus.   Kind of squicky there too.~Jim

Prince Charon posted a comment on Wednesday 9th January 2008 1:38pm

This continues to strongly interest me. Really wasn't expecting you to kill off Barty that soon. Looking forward to what comes next.

Thank you for updating.

More soon, please.

JBern replied:

Glad I can keep you folks guess.   Next chapter in 2-3 weeks.~Jim

Kaerion posted a comment on Wednesday 9th January 2008 1:24pm

Heh, I was wondering about who HJ might decide to let it on the secret, and I thoroughly approve of Sirius knowing. I'm not sure I even want to imagine what those two might get up to, now...

I'm also glad (and not really all that surprised) to see that you took out Crouch, jr. this early, since it means the canon timeline is now *completely* fucked, and we have no idea what'll happen in the future. I'm sick and tired of fics that change stuff around, but still, miraculously, manage to end up at the exact same place that canon did, with minimal differences. Like I said, I'm not surprised that you're aware of the fact that there will be consequences, both immediate and long-term, of things changing, but it's damn nice to see proof of it.

I'm especially looking forward to the tasks starting, and I'm hoping to see the twins' actions against HJ coming back to bite them on the ass, soon, so keep up the great work!

JBern replied:

That's why I prefer AU's to redo fics.   When I take a fork in the road there's no going back.   Things will change and I hope that's what you're looking for.   Thanks for the compliments.~Jim

delta16669 posted a comment on Wednesday 9th January 2008 12:52pm

Well what can I say? This chapter appealed to my violent streak and my vindictive one.

I hope they all hang.

Goddamn this is a good story.

Cant wait for the next chapter

JBern replied:

Glad you like.   Next chapter in 2-3 weeks.~Jim

DrT posted a comment on Wednesday 9th January 2008 12:10pm

Wow, that was one Machiavellian deal. I confess myself very impressed. I never thought Madam Bones that cynical, but you covered it well. And the Hat was in great form.

A really excellent chapter. Fleur is almost irrelevent, but I assume (for now) you were having HJ yank Hermione's chain.

"T"

JBern replied:

Yeah, there was no way to fit Fleur in this chapter.   At least there will be 100 percent more Fleur in the next chapter.   Glad you liked this installment.   Next one in 2-3 weeks.~Jim

Anand posted a comment on Wednesday 9th January 2008 11:52am

This story is too freaking cool! I love the dialog better and better with each passing chapter.

JBern replied:

Thanks~Jim

skulLXeon posted a comment on Wednesday 9th January 2008 11:13am

Nice chap... =D very nice. Couldn't help but smile when i read the whole HJ and Angelina bit.... =D This fic is taking an even moer interesting spin.... =D I'll see you around whenever you get the chance to update... Good job as usual and Adios for now.... =D

AGX[TAIL]

JBern replied:

Glad you liked the fact that HJ can pick and choose who he holds a grudge against.~Jim

lordblack posted a comment on Wednesday 9th January 2008 11:00am

yay!!! loved it.

JBern replied:

Thanks.~Jim

Greg Johnson posted a comment on Wednesday 9th January 2008 10:56am

Another great chapter! I can't wait for the next one. Keep up the good work.

JBern replied:

Glad you enjoyed it.   Next one in 2-3 weeks.~Jim

silverleafhp posted a comment on Wednesday 9th January 2008 10:52am

Err...is wow, good enough, maybe brilliant?

I have said it many times before Jbern, but i'll say it again. You may get many kudo's for your Bungle fics, but this one is your best work by far.

Still, I will beg as I do in every review I make of this fic, that you do NOT have Harry forgiving Remus Lupin. If my wife was banging someone else and I walked in on it, well lets just say I would be spending plenty of time in Azkaban for a couple of murders=p

I am way beyond happy that you brought Sirius into the loop. Even if we don't get to see him to often it just makes his character more credible to the overall story.

I also really like the fact that while HJ, still likes Dumbledore he is a little suspious of his activities. After all, Dumbledore may or may not be a good person in this fic, but as of right now HJ doesn't know either way.

Bravo on putting Johnson in her place. I have been waiting for that for the last couple of chapters. Really, I am waiting for the kid gloves to come off with Fred and George as well. I have the feeling I won't have to much longer to wait, if the last couple of paragraphis is any indication.

I have to admit I am really really looking forword to how your going to make Harry/Fleur work. As of right now, it doesn't look like Harry would bone her with the sorting hats pecker much less his own. So it will be very intresting how this will come about.

The action scene in the Defense classroom was outstanding as usual. You have the ability to just write excellent action scenes. This is the one thing that most HP fanfic authors lack. And I must say JKR lacked this as well. I mean really, all Harry could do was Expellarmas in canon.

Although, it would of been nice if Sirius could of gotten freed through the revelations in the hospital room, I am glad you took it the way you did. It was more real the way you did it, it was politics at it's most sleazy, which imo makes sense since we were dealing with fudge. Although, I admit that Rita got off a little to easy, the biatch.

Not much else I can think to comment on right now. Basically, the best I can do is wait for another chapter, and just see what you can come up with next.

At any rate, keep up the great work man.

JBern replied:

Thank you for the long review.   The fact you took that much time to praise this chapter is a compliment.  

HJ can pick and choose who he holds grudges against.   Harry didn't seem to be able to.

Lupin will have to show up at some point.   You folks deserve to see that train wreck play out.

Hopefully the next chapters will continue to impress you.~Jim

busted posted a comment on Wednesday 9th January 2008 10:13am

Very well written as usual. I am really looking forward to some of these tournament events.

JBern replied:

They're going to start in the next chapter.~Jim

Carlos posted a comment on Wednesday 9th January 2008 10:11am

great chapter, cant wait until the broom race!!

JBern replied:

You'll have to wait between 2-3 weeks.~Jim

Magus posted a comment on Wednesday 9th January 2008 9:59am

Great fic, but this little sentence made my freakin day.

"That’s right; I need you to make some contacts as well. At some point, if Voldemort returns and another war breaks out, I may need you to come back from Gaul like Julius fucking Caesar himself with every hired wand you can buy."


Ever since Bungle in the Jungle, your loyal Fan.

JBern replied:

Glad I could bring a smile to your face.~Jim

dc1 posted a comment on Wednesday 9th January 2008 9:58am

this is a very enjoyable chapter to read. the fight scene was nice, especially Winky's death by her own master. about time hj reached the end of his tether with the twins. the deal you came up with was believable and you managed to pull it off in character. it was fun reading the chaser bitches learn that actions have consequences.

keep up the good work mate
dc1

JBern replied:

I'm guessing the twins are going to get it at some point.   We'll see how it works into the story.~Jim

Banner posted a comment on Wednesday 9th January 2008 9:56am

That was great. I loved the combat with Crouch, the Really Nasty bargain with Skeeter, and the interactions with Sirius. The entire chapter was perfect. I appreciate the way Harry is *sensibly* forgiving some people and not others. Betrayed!Harry tends to be entirely too extreme for my tastes - either he condemns everyone, or he forgives everything indescriminately. This guy Makes Sense. Thank you.

JBern replied:

My goal is to make a fantasy world as believable as possible.   Should I succeed, it means that I can do it with my own original ideas and hopefully sell lots of books.~Jim

Jeff3 posted a comment on Wednesday 9th January 2008 9:17am

Uh Ohh seems like shits about to hit the fan. HJ sounds like a commander at the end there.... Overall its a good chapter.... keep it up man.... Until next time.

JBern replied:

Well someone had to call the shots in the Marauders.   Remus doesn't fit the type, nor did Peter, so it came down to James  and Sirius.   James always seemed to be the leader of the Marauders to me, so it fits.   Sirius was always quarrelling against his dark heritage.

Next chapter in 2-3 weeks.~Jim

Cxjenious posted a comment on Wednesday 9th January 2008 8:54am

This is my favorite chapter so far. Good Shit!

JBern replied:

Thank you.   Next chapter in 2 weeks.~Jim

Shawn Pickett posted a comment on Wednesday 9th January 2008 8:53am

What an interesting chapter, funny how now that Harry's a certifiable hero again over the Moody/Crouch incident every body is falling all over themselves to kiss his arse. I was glad to see him lay into Johnson a bit, she certainly had it coming. I'm curious how Ron and the Twins will pan out, though I suspect that HJ will never be as friendly with them as he was in the books. Great story thank you.

JBern replied:

Everyone loves a winner don't they?   Look no further than last night's New Hampshire primary.   All week long everyone was saying that Hillary Clinton was washed up and that Obama was going to steam roll her.   Suddenly she pulls off a victory and she's a "comeback kid".   (No, I'm not a supporter either, but it just goes to show you how much people  tend to be  sheep.)