Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

dic posted a comment on Friday 7th March 2008 7:57pm

well... wow. it'll be interesting to see how much of a bitch fleur is, will she insist on harry wearing girl stuff, because technicall she won, or will she be fair and wear the maid outfit, because harry beat her? let's wait and see.

the malfoy stuff was good, duel to the death would be to good to be true, let's hope for the flogging...

and considering malfoy's portion, that really was one hell of a onesided duel, no chance for fleur... and I really look forward to krum...

and as always, the hat was hilarious... good job
and good luck with your original work, be sure to post the title somewhere when you're done

JBern replied:

Glad you liked it.   The bet will be resolved as soon as Chapter 12 comes back from final beta.~Jim

SeanDavidFlemming posted a comment on Friday 7th March 2008 7:00pm

A good lsaugh and a good chapter, though just one question remains does harry wear the maids uniform or fleur cause harry one the duel but fluer was scored the win by technicality?

JBern replied:

The answer is coming hopefully this evening.~Jim

Jizzle posted a comment on Friday 7th March 2008 6:29pm

That was a pretty great chapter. I'm not as crazy for the hat as I am for, say, Hack, but he's still really enjoyable, and man did he shine this chapter. I loved the duel, and it's got to bug Fleur that she got so handily defeated, even with her opponent suffering a serious handicap. Biggest disappointment: Draco didn't get brutally killed in a humiliating fashion.

Good luck on your original novel! It's sad, but I bet at least one person will give you crap for not writing fanfic for this period. I hope they don't annoy you too much. Personally, I can't wait to buy your original work.

JBern replied:

Glad you can appreciate the Hat even if you don't particulary like it.   I've gotten to the point where I write for me.   Honestly, I've been writing original stuff for about a year now, be it short stories or starts to novels.   I just wanted to explain my hiatus to the readers and honestly gauge the level of interest in my reviewers for an original novel coauthored by me.

So far the level of interest is very good.

Regards,

Jim

Regards,

Jim

Black Dragon Knight posted a comment on Friday 7th March 2008 5:16pm

You've done a nice job making Harry appear older than he really should, because of James' influences on him now. Plus, I really like the Hat, especially, when it interacts with Harry. Heck, when it interacts with anyone. The Hat vs Fleur and vs the Malfoys was priceless. So I wonder who's going to win the bet and who'll have to dress in what.

While I'll miss the updates to this great story, good luck with the original novel.

JBern replied:

Honestly, I've been doing it all along which is why my update frequency has been cut in half.   I've been writing either Dead Eye or the other short stories/novel ideas for a year now.   So, the interruption won't really be much longer than my usual break betweeen posting.

Next chapter should be up this evening.~Jim

Korisovra posted a comment on Friday 7th March 2008 5:06pm

I would give you the puppy dog eyes, but your breasts aren't big enough for that. So, I'll just ask that you do put the one-shots and shorts up for perusal. Excellent chapter, btw. A little stiff at points, but still extremely well done.

JBern replied:

Creepy, but understandable.   Next chapter is getting the final polish and should be up this evening (3/17).~Jim

dwilken posted a comment on Friday 7th March 2008 4:27pm

Hi Jim.

My compliments on your bratty version of Gabrielle. (My sister's gonna beat you up. Nyah! Nyah!)

HJ beat Fleur in spite of the fact he'd lost maneuverability and then he has to forfeit the match because the attempted saboteur was from his own school? Why does this seem ass-backward?

On further thought, I suppose the potion dumped by Malfoy could just as easily have been stepped on my Ms. Delacour, therefore the ruling could make sense. Whew. In the old Marvel Comics letters page (c. 1970's) that would have got me a "No Prize". So. What do I get? :)

The Hat dialogue is fun as usual. For some reason I loved Lucius smacking Draco on the head about not agreeing to something before you know the rules. Would have loved to see your version of an HJ/Draco fight to the death, but such is life.

Best wishes on your original novel. Who's your co-author?

-Doug

JBern replied:

Sorry it took so long to respond.   Glad you liked bratty little Gabby.   The archaic rules didn't take into account that someone would be cheating against his own school.

Imagine the backlash against HJ had Draco done it to Fleur's platform and tried to say that HJ made him do it!  

Chapter 12 is done and will be up this evening (3/17).   I think you'll enjoy.

John Cornell aka Kokopelli, who did so much work on To Fight the Coming Darkness is the co-author for Dead Eye.   I can't wait to finish it!~Jim

Musings of Apathy posted a comment on Friday 7th March 2008 4:14pm

Oh, I forgot to mention, why would Snape have that potion on hand? I think Harry should protest to the Board of Governors that a teacher has such a vile potion that would strip a person and prevent their escape. One would wonder what a teacher of young children would need with such a potion.

Again,
Mike (MoA)

JBern replied:

Chapter 12 will be up tonight and you'll see what HJ has in store for good old Snape...

Regards,

Jim

stuart posted a comment on Friday 7th March 2008 4:14pm

Nice, I was a bit disheartened by the length, but real life must take precedence. Harry's defence of Fluer should buy some leeway in the bet, and maybe chip away at her icey exterior. I was looking forward to their private chat, it may be one conversation to leave the hat out of! This has probably been pointed out but the maturity of your writting is sorely missed in most of the fics out there, your calibre of writting keeps me coming back! In regards to the story as a hole, I wonder where you take this. Your other stories start at a latter date, with Bungle the logical stopping point was with the death of the daemon and Harry's return to England. Darkness and I assume TML end with the death of Voldemort, but Lie, with as much time is being spent on the tourney, becomes this other universe. In your homepage or forum I believe you said you were halfway through, so what will become of young HJ? I doubt I am alone in hoping you keep this universe alive after you close out the tourney. I know I getting a bit ahead of myself, but I really apprieciate the time and effort put forth to keep all of us entertained, keep up the great work. Cheers

JBern replied:

You'll get that chat in chapter 12 which should be up this evening (3/17).   I'm leaning towards a sequel and perhaps even the possibility of HJ thwarting Voldy's return this time forcing him to find another way to return in the sequel...I don't know if anyone has really ever done that before...

Regards and apologies for the time it took me to reply,

Jim

Musings of Apathy posted a comment on Friday 7th March 2008 4:12pm

Excellent chapter. I wonder what Fleur will make of the bet, whether she wins the bet or loses? I would guess a draw, as truly Harry won even with a handicap. Idiots.

Thank you for writing.

Mike (MoA)

JBern replied:

Thanks for reading, Mike.   Sorry it took so long for the reply.~Jim

Prince Charon posted a comment on Friday 7th March 2008 4:10pm

Interesting. Very much so.

Thank you for updating.

More soon, please.

JBern replied:

Soon should be tonight (3/17)~Jim

The Midnight Poster posted a comment on Friday 7th March 2008 4:10pm

Oh no! dose this mean Harry's goign to be wearing a dress?

JBern replied:

Find out in chapter 12!   Thanks for the review.~Jim

Particle_Accelerator posted a comment on Friday 7th March 2008 4:08pm

Congrats on the novel Jim, it'll be great I sure.

Good job on this chapter too.

JBern replied:

I just hope it sells.   Otherwise, the wife will never let me hear the end of it.~Jim

Wolfric posted a comment on Friday 7th March 2008 3:38pm

Another fine chapter. The hat is certainly in good form here. Too bad Dumbledore doesn't work as hard to save Harry as he does Draco. If Draco was seen in the morning why didn't somebody do something? I would think that would warrant some investigation. Surely Dumbledore isn't so stupid as to miss Snape bailing Draco out. Thanks for writing. W.

JBern replied:

By the same token, Dumbledore could be working to save HJ's reputation.   After all, killing Malfoy wouldn't be good for the wholesome good boy image Dumbledore wants HJ to have.

Too bad HJ really doesn't care what Dumbledore wants.~Jim

Cuey posted a comment on Friday 7th March 2008 3:29pm

Interesting chapter. The first round of duels was rather vicious, if Harry and Fleur get close before the duels end I can see one of the Durmstrang champions hurting Fleur before getting paid back by Harry.

It sounds like that potion isn't something Dumbledore would like his potion master to have on hand, I wonder if Harry will think to press Dumbledore to punish Snape for being so "careless."

Now to see what the punishment is, and to see which of them will pay off the bet, since Fleur knows Harry won but Harry did technically lose.

JBern replied:

Finally catching up on my replies.   Sorry it took so long.   Payback coming in chapter 12 which should be available this evening (3/17).

HJ has plans for Snape...

Jim

Brian Donnely posted a comment on Friday 7th March 2008 3:26pm

Great stuff as always, man. I'm raging over how Draco somehow pawned that off on the Veela allure and avoided certain death.

Dumbledore sucks. That is all.

JBern replied:

That duel wouldn't have happened.   Lucius and Narcissa would have been forced to take one of the other greater punishments.   Of course Draco weasled his way out.   It's his nature.

Still, imagine the backlash had Draco done Fleur's platform and tried to finger HJ?   HJ would have had a tough time getting out of that one...   I actually considered it as an option.   Chapter 12 should be availabe tonight (3/17)~Jim

Ivan Cantaros posted a comment on Friday 7th March 2008 3:26pm

hehe nice chapter! keept it up!

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Chapter 12 should be up this evening.~Jim

bigzj51 posted a comment on Friday 7th March 2008 3:20pm

You're the man

JBern replied:

Glad you liked it.   More coming shortly.~Jim

Jon posted a comment on Friday 7th March 2008 3:13pm

You're really good at making your readers all riled up after reading your stories....
~Good show of dueling, though its a pity Malfoy stole the win...
Will the results of the punishment be similarly tampered with?
Looking forward to the duels after!

JBern replied:

Glad I could provoke a response from you.   That's the best thing a writer can do.   Chapter 12 will be up tonight and I apologize for it taking over a week to respond to your review.~Jim

Prospero Hibiki posted a comment on Friday 7th March 2008 3:08pm

Great as usual. Life here at MARF is the same as usual. (See the standard acronym) Or you could say that things are all MARF'ed up and understand.

Yeah, I can't remember if I said before, but I'm still here and will be for another 2 years. Yes that DOES mean what you think. I'm a dirty SPU...well I would be if some people in Charleston hadn't complained about the name. Apparently we're now known as Junior Staff Instructors. I fail to see how JSI is better. If you don't believe me say it out loud.

-Mongoose

JBern replied:

Hey, back in the day the Direct Input Officer staff instructors at Power School were Direct Input Limited Duty Officers.   I'll let you do the acronym for that one.   You can see why they went another direction.

Congrats on being a pukeup.   If the remains of S3G are still there that's where I did my time.   Can't say I miss Ballston Spa.   Not too many fond memories of the place and my time there and one of the most bothersome involved a female.   She wasn't a "Skiddy Kiddy," but might as well been.

Regards,

Jim

Crys posted a comment on Friday 7th March 2008 3:05pm

One thing that Harry and Hat didn't discuss: Who won the wager with Fleur? Both can (correctly) claim victory.

And just to add a cruel twist, the term is for a "French maid outfit". So an outfit that a French maid would wear . . . normal wizarding robes may well be the correct answer. I know what Hat meant, but what he said is more important.

Good duel descriptions (though we have several more to go) and clever idea for Malfoy to cheat like that. Even cleverer idea of yours on how Lucius and Snape dig him out of his hole.

Surprisingly, the rules don't differentiate who the cheating is for. It was a Hogwarts student who interfered, but it was blatantly not in Hogwart's favor. I can easily see Harry griping about that little fact.

> I’m torn between the flogging and the branding. Here’s hoping the Goblet has a sense of justice.
Here, here.

JBern replied:

Finally caught up on my replies.   Yeah, the rules are archaic and the people writing them didn't conceive that a person would cheat against his/her own school.   Of course honor duels weren't outlawed by the Ministry back then either.   Damn Political correctness!

Chapter 12 is getting the final coat of polish and will be ready this evening.   As always, thanks for the review and I hope the next installment is up to your standards.~Jim