Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

Minsky posted a comment on Wednesday 12th March 2008 7:07am

Hey, Jim: How about a sequel in which the Hat meets his counterparts from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang: A snotty beret that speaks like a stereotypical Hollywood Frenchman ("Theese ees - how you say - bullshit!") and a stormtrooper's helmet ("You DARE to mock der FATHERLAND!!")? The 3 could go on an adventure together in which they trade cutural and linguistic insults. Call it "Hats Off...To Hogwarts!" And then a whole series: "Hats Off...To Hollywood!" "Hats Off...To Monte Carlo!" etc. etc. and so on.

As for the new chapter, add me to the growing list of people looking forward to the magical moment when HJ begins doling out some well-deserved payback. There's a whole lot of names on his shit list by now, aren't there? "Lie" is my favorite of all your fics.

JBern replied:

That would be an interesting feature with the three hats.   Thanks for the review.   Chapter 12 will be out as soon as it's finished with editing.~Jim

Freelancer posted a comment on Tuesday 11th March 2008 5:21pm

This is a terrific story. I'm drawn into it from the beginning I read it (Which is about 3-7 days before this update) and I can't wait until the next update come out. (10 days right?) Personally, I'm rooting for the "The Cur’s Mark"

Great Work! :D

JBern replied:

I'm just rooting for the chapter to come back from editing.   It'll be up as soon as it's ready.   Real life gets in the way.~Jim

Aflibble posted a comment on Tuesday 11th March 2008 12:57pm

Fantastic chapter, I was just introduced to this story so I have spent the last two nights reading it. there were parts that almost made me stop, but I have over all enjoyed it so far though I really hope to see more soon. but my definition of soon when it comes to fanfic is sometime before next year so keep up the good work. Good luck with the book man. and I am really looking foreword to what happens to Draco. something painful I hope I vote for the mark of flogging that would be good, but hay your the writer so just have fun and I am sure I will enjoy it to. Is HJ going to use wand less magic in the puzzle room? or would that blow his cover? The dulling was very fun too are you going to tell what happened with the other match up like HJ and Krum or Manos in the next chapter?

JBern replied:

Thanks for the review.   I'm curious what were the parts that almost made you stop?   Thanks for the well wishes on a my original work.   Answers to your questions coming soon.~Jim

Jim_xinu posted a comment on Tuesday 11th March 2008 11:08am

Good chapter, thanks for sharing it with us.

JBern replied:

Thanks for reviewing.~Jim

Philip Dorn posted a comment on Tuesday 11th March 2008 12:08am

I initially liked this story, but now I am starting to hate it. Harry/James has been shit on continuously in this story, but yet can seldom do anything about it. The latest incident with the dueling platform sabotage seals the deal for me. It may be realistic in a sense, but it isn't at all enjoyable to read. Come on, throw him a bone already!

JBern replied:

Dunno, Krum got away with it because it was a hole in the rules.   Odds are, he was prepared to do it against Fleur had she been in the lead.   HJ does finally get some payback coming up.   You'll notice that Malfoy was caught and is going to be punished.   Sure he weaseled out of the big ones, but that's just the breaks.

Minerva Granger posted a comment on Monday 10th March 2008 5:16pm

UPDATE! Come on, Hurry up. I am now desperate to find out what happens next. I vote for flogging. Malfoy is a dingbat.

JBern replied:

Just waiting for it to come back from editing.~Jim

The Resident posted a comment on Monday 10th March 2008 3:28pm

Excellent chapter as always. I like the fact that Draco was caught out. I just wish he hadn't weaseled out of his just desserts by his parents and his lies (but then he wouldn't be Draco and the point would be moot). I'm looking forward to see what punishment comes out of the cup. Keep up the great work and I hope you post the next chapter soon.

JBern replied:

Glad you liked it.   Next chapter is just about ready.   I'll post it as soon as I have it back in my grubby little paws.~Jim

Luan Mao posted a comment on Monday 10th March 2008 2:49pm

Thank you for another delightful chapter. I want to marry Hat! (Er, is Hat male, female, or None of the Above?)

I can't believe I'm saying this, but forget the fanfics for the next couple months. Work on the novel, man! Good luck, and keep us posted.

JBern replied:

The hat is an "it".   I've kept it gender neutral.   I should only  need until early April to get the first draft finished.

Minerva Granger posted a comment on Monday 10th March 2008 10:47am

No kidding. You are definitely in trouble if you know things you shouldn't.

JBern replied:

Yeah, he thought so too.   I had a little fun in chapter 2 with him thinking that he's a seer.~Jim

CosmosGravitation posted a comment on Monday 10th March 2008 7:19am

Another month, another strong Lie I've Lived chapter.

Considering they don't factor intent, the laws regarding cheating in the tournament seem backwards and archaic. Although I guess lack of foresight and fairness have canon precedence in the wizarding world, and the tournament itself is fairly old. Still, I wonder what would have been the ruling if a student from an uninvolved school had been the one who cheated in a contest? If, for example, a student from Durmstrung instead of Hogwarts had interfered in Harry & Fleur's match.

It's funny, when I realized somebody had cheated against Harry my first thought was the twins. I wonder if Harry had the same thought or if he suspected Draco all along.

I'm assuming Harry won the bet. Wouldn't do much for Fleur's character if she tries to argue she won after what happened. Or maybe they'll both say they lost.

For Draco's punishment, I'm guessing you'll go with the branding. Seems to be more unique then the other punishments.

I would have loved to see more description of the characters during the discussion concerning Draco's punishment, especially concerning Fleur's reactions.

Good luck on the original. I'll be looking forward to chapter 12 of this story.

JBern replied:

Everything about this screams archaic.   In the scenario Durmstang would have forefitted their round of dueling.   Chapter 12 is just about done, just waiting on the editors.~Jim

Meteoricshipyards posted a comment on Monday 10th March 2008 2:54am

Boy, HJ isn't getting any breaks, is he? Loved the Hat's "helpful" comments. Looking forward to Malfoy's punishment.

I suddenly had the impression that the Hat isn't going to survive until the end of the year. He's rapidly building a list of people who want to kill him.

Great chapter. Loved the duel.

Tom A.

JBern replied:

Maybe the Hat was confined for its own protection rather than the students benefits.   Glad you enjoyed the chapter.~Jim

Fenris Ulf posted a comment on Monday 10th March 2008 2:37am

great chapter! Can't wait for me :)
I'm really looking forward to Draco's punishment and Narcissa trying to kill the hat :)


Rob

JBern replied:

Glad you liked it.   Next chapter coming shortly.~Jim

Demoth posted a comment on Sunday 9th March 2008 3:56pm

ok love it, so glad we wont have to wait to find out a couple important things. First, what Malfoy's punishment will be. And more importantly what Fleur's reaction to the bet will be. I have a feeling that she will be a complete bitch about it but I hope that she agrees to Harry that she lost, with Harry also loosing it could be amusing to have a picture of them in a French maids uniform and a Beauxbatons uniform (anyone want to do a fan art on that one? lol)

Great chapter and great story, one of my all time favorite fan fics and its not even done

JBern replied:

Next chapter is with the editors.   It'll be up as soon as I can make the changes.   You'll see the outcomes of the punishment and the bet.~Jim

dougdoc posted a comment on Sunday 9th March 2008 2:37pm

This was great! To bad Draco didn't die, like the coward that he is.

JBern replied:

It is a shame, but maybe after HJ gets through with him, he will wish he had.~Jim

scott314 posted a comment on Sunday 9th March 2008 12:06pm

great story please keep writing. Seeing as how he has his fathers memories of runes will he be taking the ruins owl, maybe transferring into arithmacy to learn something new?

JBern replied:

HJ is concentrating on learning the things he needs to be a fighter.   He's taking advantage of the "champions can liberally ditch classes to train" rule.   The things he is doing aren't on the Hogwarts curiculum.~Jim

warpwizard posted a comment on Sunday 9th March 2008 10:01am

I'm confused: HJ's platform was the one sabotaged, but he is declared the loser. I understand that Draco is from Hogwarts...but in what way does having a sabotaged platform possibly aid HJ in his duel? If Draco had sabotaged Fleur's platform, sure. Other than my confusion, good stuff.

JBern replied:

As usual stupid rules.   The school caught cheating is the one punished, but you'll notice that the rule writers came up with some intersting deterrents.~Jim

MrRobertsIII posted a comment on Sunday 9th March 2008 7:33am

The Hat continues to impress. Where to you come up with all its insults?

Nice job making the duels interesting to read.

I hope the rest of school makes Draco & Co pay for Hogwarts having to give up a win.

JBern replied:

Crotch droppings credit goes to Nukular Winter.   Glad you enjoy the number of duels.   Draco will lose a lot more than just social standing after HJ is through with him.~Jim

koppe posted a comment on Sunday 9th March 2008 6:05am

Good luck with your novel.

Great chapter, too bad it looks like Harry will be spending some time in a skirt. I'm very much looking forward to what punishment the goblet will dish-out. I so love the Hat, it certainly have a lot of issues... but no wonder after peeking into the minds of children for hundreds of years.

Keep up the good work.

JBern replied:

Thanks for the well wishes on my original writing.   The Hat doesn't have a problem.   Everyone else does!~Jim

Stone Cold posted a comment on Saturday 8th March 2008 8:04pm

So Fluer technically won? But will her arrogant ass actually be able to admit that Harry beat her legitimately? AND with a hindrance of cheating?

And how is it that Harry forfeits when HE was the aggrieved party? Isn't that ass backwards?

That said, excellent chapter, I always look foward to more.

JBern replied:

What can I say?   Archaic rules that punish the school which the cheating party was from.   Next chapter in about 10 days.~Jim

lol posted a comment on Saturday 8th March 2008 5:17pm

your stories are amazing THATS why i dont ever write UPDATE SOON PLZ IM DYING WAITING cause i know that your work is quality...but i still feel the need for the first time to ask you to update the next chapter a day or two before planned....Just for me plz : )

JBern replied:

Thanks.   I'll see what I can do.   There's a tease for chapter 12 in the forums section.   Maybe that'll tide you over...~Jim